Darkness too Different

DARKNESS TOO DIFFERENT


Is it okay to be different, I ask myself everyday

Mum and dad say it's fine, I think they mean it,

But in moments of despair, I wonder do they?

People at school say it’s not okay,

They say, I am a freak, always standing in their way,

Is it okay to be different, I ask myself everyday,

Is it okay to not express your feelings, 

Because you don’t know what to say,

I think my dog understands me,

He hears carefully,

But when it comes to listening, I wonder, does he?

Is it okay to be different, I ask myself everyday,

My friends on the internet say I am awesome,

Instagram says they are real, but are they?

Is it okay to be different, I ask myself everyday,

Is it okay to talk to myself every night,

Is it okay to celebrate my birthday with friends that don’t exist,

I don’t feel like inviting them but, my mind insists,

Is it okay to see nightmares during the day,

But some of them are better than my life, aren’t they?

Is it okay to be different, I ask myself everyday,

I pray to different gods on different days,

But none of them answer me, do they?

Is it okay to live inside my mind and never walk away,

Is it okay to dive deep into books,

While my mind let’s the human in me go astray

Is it okay to be different, I ask myself everyday,

Is it okay to see your skin turn grey,

My heart turning to glass, my mind to stone,

I swipe a blade, see something red,

Now I seem to be in a different place but hey, it feels like home.

Comments

  1. Amazing!!
    Beautiful description of a depressed teen in a form of poetry

    ReplyDelete
  2. woowwwwwwwww��srllyyyyy dudeeeee woowww����....maujj kardoi betee��

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowww 😳👏👏

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tears

Falling